Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Pork Belly Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) pork belly
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp brown Sugar
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Using paper towel, pat the pork belly dry.
- Score the top of the pork belly in a criss-cross pattern. Rub the salt into the top of the pork belly.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasoning into the bottom meat part of the pork belly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390 °F).
- Place the pork belly into the air fryer basket and bake for 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 180°C (350 °F) and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, mix the glaze ingredients and bring them to a boil.
- Once the top of the pork belly is crispy and cooked, slice into serving size pieces and pour the glaze over the top.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you have a larger piece of meat than the recipe recommends, you may need to cook the meat for longer. Using a meat thermometer will help ensure you cook the pork belly correctly. I recommend getting the internal temperature to roughly 75°C (170°F).
- I recommend using a sharp knife to cut the pork belly. Placing the crackling face down on the chopping board will help prevent squashing the meat as you cut through it.
- You can leave the chili out of the glaze if you do not like your food to be spicy.
- I am using a 7.2L (6.6 qt) air fryer, so you may need to cut your pork belly in half to make it fit into your air fryer. A smaller air fryer might also cook your meat faster.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!