Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Bacon and Egg Cups Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time: 40 Minutes
- Serves: 12
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices of bacon
- 120 g (4.2 oz) baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Before getting started, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Lay a strip of bacon in each muffin cup, so it is in a circle.
- Cook the bacon for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Drain any excess fat from the cups.
- Add some baby spinach to the inside of each bacon cup.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups.
- Season with salt, pepper, and the chives.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Remove from the muffin tins.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Once the egg is cooked, use a knife to run around the edges of each cup. It will hopefully loosen the egg cups, making them easier to remove.
- When pre-cooking the bacon, try to make sure you do not overcook it. Overcooked bacon can be dry and not very tasty.
- You can reduce the cooking time if you wish to have the eggs still be runny. I recommend five to ten minutes if you would like the yolk to be runny. However, you might want to check regularly to prevent it from overcooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!