Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Corned Beef Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours
- Total time 2 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1.5kg (3.3 lb) silverside (Bottom Round)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 10 peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup malt vinegar
- Enough water to cover
- Add the beef into a large deep pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and fill with enough water to cover the beef.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat until it is a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 2 hours, maintain a simmer.
- Remove the beef from the liquid and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want to cook the beef for longer but don’t want to leave it on a stove then cooking the corned beef in a slow cooker is an option.
- Silverside is typically super cheap, so it’s a great cut of meat to use when you’re on a tight budget.
- If you want to add even more flavor to the beef, then you can swap out the water for a beef broth. The broth will infuse even more flavors into the silverside (bottom round).
- Keep an eye on the pot for a few minutes after you put the lid on as it can heat up to boiling and overflow without noticing. If it does go to boil simply reduce the heat even further.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!