Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Rice Pudding Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour & 30 Minutes
- Total time 1 Hour & 35 Minutes
- Serves 4
- ½ cup short grain rice
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat an oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Lightly butter a deep 8×8 ovenproof dish or similar.
- Add the sugar, rice, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk to the dish. Mix slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 & ½ hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can swap the cinnamon stick for ground cinnamon. You will find that two teaspoons of ground cinnamon should be more than enough to get the same amount of flavor that you would from one stick.
For a different flavor, you can swap the vanilla out for some rosewater extract instead. This extract will give a very fragrant, flora rose flavor to the rice pudding. Certainly worth giving a try.
- You can add other ingredients such as raisins or dried cranberries to the pudding. You can either add these at the end or the start of cooking. Personally, I would add them at the beginning, so the flavors infuse with the rest of the dish.
- Replace the milk with something like almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk for a dairy-free rice pudding.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!