Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
French Toast in a Mug Recipe
- Prep time 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Minute
- Total time 3 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 slices of white bread cut into cubes
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Lightly grease a microwavable mug.
- Add the egg, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla bean, milk, and beat together.
- Add the diced bread and push it down into the egg mixture.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for about 1 & ½ minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I always love adding either some maple syrup or honey once I finish up with the cooking. Just drizzle this over the top of the bread, and it will help make this dish shine. It’s essential also to mention that cream or ice cream also goes great with this dish.
- Stale bread usually works a lot better in French toast as it will absorb the egg mixture easier.
- It's important to remember that with all microwave meals, the cooking time may vary depending on how powerful your microwave is and what settings you have it on. I have mine on the highest setting and find it takes roughly one and a half minutes for it to be cooked correctly.
- Make sure you use a microwave-safe mug as you don't want to damage your mug or microwave.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!