Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on or off
- 1 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- In a bowl, mix the honey, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and thyme until combined.
- Next, in a skillet pan over medium heat, add the chicken thigh, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on each side until the chicken is browned and cooked all the way through. Once cooked, put the chicken to the side.
- In the same pan, add the butter. Once melted, add the onion, garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the honey balsamic sauce and bring to a light simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes. Baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you have the time, then marinating the chicken in the sauce will help increase the amount of flavor in the chicken. Personally, I would marinate it overnight if you have the time, but a few hours should be more than enough.
- You can thicken the sauce up with some cornstarch if you prefer a thicker sauce. Just mix the cornstarch with some water before adding it to the sauce. One tablespoon of cornstarch should be more than enough.
- An alternative to pan-frying is to do the chicken in the oven instead. Simply preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and cook the chicken with the sauce poured over it. It should be ready within thirty to forty-five minutes.
- This dish can also be cooked in the slow cooker if you want to get it cooking early in the morning.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!