Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 30 g (1.1 oz) butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) white wine
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp chives
- 1 l (1.1 qt) chicken stock
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Switch on the Instant Pot and set to sauté.
- Add the butter, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Next, add the white wine and cook for a minute.
- Add the potatoes, chives, and chicken stock.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté, and add the cream and cheeses.
- Stir until the cheeses are melted and combined. Roughly five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Any type of potato will work fine for this soup.
- You can use a regular food processor instead of a stick blender.
- You may need to add more fluid if the soup is too thick to your liking. On the flip side, a combination of cornstarch and water can be used to thicken the soup.
- For a slightly chunky soup, simply reduce the amount you blend the soup.
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt can be used instead of heavy cream. Other creams may also work.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!