Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Beef Goulash Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 2 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 750g (1.6 lb) beef chuck steak, cut into 3 cm (1 in) chunks
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400g (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ Tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- In a deep pan over high heat, brown the beef with the paprika.
- Once browned, add the onion, garlic, carrots, red bell peppers, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef stock, caraway seeds, and the bay leaves.
- Bring to a simmer and place a lid on the pot. Cook for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find that there is too much oil on top of the goulash, gently remove it using a ladle or spoon.
- Beef stock can be replaced with water if you don't have any around.
- You can reduce the cooking time to less than an hour if you are low on time. However, you may find the flavors will not develop as much, and the beef will not be as tender.
- You are able to make this goulash in a slow cooker and get even better results. The beef will be so tender by the time it is ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!