Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Beef Goulash Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 2 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 750g (1.6 lb) beef chuck steak, cut into 3 cm (1 in) chunks
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400g (14 oz) diced tomatoes, fresh or tinned
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ Tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- In a deep pan over high heat, brown the beef with the paprika.
- Once browned, add the onion, garlic, carrots, red bell peppers and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef stock, caraway seeds and the bay leaves.
- Bring to a simmer and place a lid on the pot. Cook for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Use cheaper cuts of meat for stews like this as you will be cooking it for a decent amount of time. By the time you’re done cooking the beef will be tender and flavor-packed.
- If you find that there is too much oil on top of the goulash, then gently remove it using a ladle or spoon.
- Beef stock can be replaced with water if you don’t have any around.
- You can reduce the cooking time to less than an hour if you’re low on time. However, you may find the flavors won't develop as much, and the beef won’t be as tender.
- If you want, you can bulk out this goulash by using some sweet potato. Two should be more than enough to get another serve or two out of this tasty paleo beef goulash recipe.
- You make this goulash in a slow cooker and get even better results. The beef will be so tender by the time it is ready to eat.