Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 750 g (1.7 lb) chicken breasts, butterflied
- 100 g (3.5 oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 180 g (6.3 oz) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 400 g (14.1 oz) tomato passata
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 g (8.8 oz) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 50 g (1.8 oz) parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a pot over medium heat, add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Next, add the passata, oregano, basil, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, then put to the side.
- Pound out each piece of chicken breast so they are an even thickness.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat slightly.
- Lastly, add the breadcrumbs into yet another bowl.
- One by one, coat the chicken in the following order. First, coat the chicken in the seasoning mixture. Next, coat in the egg. Lastly, coat in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until you have coated all the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F). It should take roughly 5 minutes.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add a spoonful of sauce on top of each piece of chicken. Next, evenly add cheese over the sauce.
- Cook for a further five minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Placing the crumbed chicken into the fridge for a couple of hours will help the crumb stick better to the chicken.
- You can lightly spray the chicken with a little bit of oil to get a better cook.
- Do not stack or layer the chicken, as it will prevent the crumb from becoming crispy.
- To ensure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly, I recommend that you use a meat thermometer. The thickest part of the chicken should reach at least 75°C (170°F).
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!