Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 750g (1.7 lb) chicken tenderloins
- 100g (3.5 oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 180g (6.4 oz) breadcrumbs
- In a bowl, combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat slightly.
- Lastly, add the breadcrumbs into yet another bowl.
- One by one, coat the chicken in the following order. First, in the seasoning mixture. Next, coat in the egg. Lastly, coat in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until you have coated all the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F). It should take roughly 5 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in batches so there is only a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat until you use all the chicken tenders.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Lightly spraying the chicken with oil is a great way to achieve a crispier crumb.
- You can beat out the chicken for a more even cook. However, I do not find it necessary with chicken tenders.
- I recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 75°C (170°F).
- I am using a 7.2L (6.6 qt) air fryer, so you may need to do multiple batches. You may also find the chicken will cook faster than expected if you use a smaller air fryer.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!