Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Minutes
- Total time: 18 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) milk
- 4 thick slices of bread
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (350°F). It will take roughly five minutes to heat up.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Once beaten, whisk in the milk until combined.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with oil or butter.
- Dip a piece of bread into the egg and allow to soak for a few seconds. Place into the air fryer basket. Repeat until the air fryer basket is full, do not allow pieces of bread to overlap. You will likely need to cook in batches.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Stale bread works best in this recipe as it will soak up more of the egg mixture. Alternatively, fresh bread will work just fine.
- You can cut the bread into smaller pieces so they will fit better in the air fryer basket.
- I sometimes like to swap the milk for cream when I want a creamier slightly less healthy French Toast.
- You are able to use cinnamon sugar instead of regular ground cinnamon.
- Do not stack the French toast as it will stop the air fryer from cooking and crisping correctly. Try to keep it all as a single layer.
- You can use parchment paper (baking paper) to help stop the bread from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!