Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 1
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (350°F). It should take roughly 5 minutes to heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the cheese on the unbuttered side of the bread.
- Assemble the sandwich, so the buttered sides of the bread are facing outwards.
- Place the sandwich into the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes. I recommend flipping the sandwich halfway through cooking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Do not stack sandwiches in the air fryer as it will cause very inconsistent cooking.
- I recommend preheating the air fryer before cooking your grilled cheese sandwich.
- You can easily add more ingredients to the sandwich filling.
- Be careful adding lots of wet ingredients as they may make your toasted sandwiches go soggy.
- Flipping the sandwich is optional, but it does help get both sides of the sandwich crisp.
- You can swap the butter for a different type of fat. For example, bacon fat will add a ton of flavor and make the sandwich deliciously crisp on the outside.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!