Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Lamb Shanks Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour & 20 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp oregano
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F). It will take roughly five minutes to get to the correct temperature.
- Rub the lamb shanks in olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and oregano.
- Place into the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the air fryer down to 150°C (300°F) and add the chicken stock. Cook for one hour.
- Turn the lamb shanks halfway through cooking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Adding more lamb shanks is a great way to feed more people. However, you may need a larger air fryer to be able to fit all the shanks.
- Fresh or dried herbs will work fine with this recipe. Personally, I use dried herbs as they are easier to get my hands on. If you use fresh herbs, be sure to double the number of herbs you use.
- Add red or white wine to the chicken stock for a bit of extra flavor.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your lamb shanks.
- The lamb meat should easily come away from the bone. If it doesn’t, you may need to extend the cooking time slightly.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!