Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Pork Roast Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes
- Total time 1 Hour & 25 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2lb) pork roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- Remove the pork from any packaging and dry with some paper towels.
- Score the skin with a sharp knife. Most butchers will do this for you.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and salt.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F).
- Place the pork into the air fryer skin side up.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn the air fryer down to 180°C (350°F) and cook for 40 minutes.
- Depending on the weight of the pork, you may need to cook it for longer. Add roughly 30 minutes for every extra 500g (1.1 lb). The internal temperature of the pork should be at least 65°C (150°F).
- Allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Using a meat thermometer is the best way to check whether the pork is ready.
- Allow the pork to dry overnight in the refrigerator to achieve the best possible crackling.
- If your pork roast is frozen, I recommend that you defrost it before cooking it in the air fryer. Alternatively, you can cover the frozen pork in foil after the first thirty minutes to ensure that the outside does not overcook, as you will need to cook it for longer.
- Typically I use either pork shoulder or pork loin as a roast. However, you can use any pork cut that you like. The timings should be roughly the same, but it might be best to keep an eye on it past the initial hour of cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!