Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Roast Pumpkin Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, and cut into large cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (350°F). It will take roughly five minutes to heat.
- In a large bowl, coat the pumpkin with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking, flip or shake the pumpkin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Once cooked, a knife should easily cut into the pumpkin. If there is a bit of resistance, cook the pumpkin for longer.
- You can swap the oil for a different type of oil. But, whatever you do, I recommend keeping the oil as it helps get the outside crispy.
- Additional seasonings such as herbs and spices are a great way to add more flavor to the pumpkin. However, avoid accidentally going overboard with extra flavors as you risk hiding the pumpkin flavor.
- Preheating the air fryer is optional but does help ensure the pumpkin is cooked faster.
- You can use frozen pumpkin, but you will need to tweak the time slightly. If it is precooked frozen pumpkin, you need to reduce the time. Otherwise, you may need to increase the cooking time.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!