Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Scones Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 450 g (15.9 oz) self-rising flour
- 80 g (2.8 oz) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) milk
- Raspberry Jam
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the air fryer to 160°C (320°F). It will take roughly five minutes to heat up.
- In a large bowl, add the cold butter and flour. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour. Add the milk into the middle and mix using a flat-bladed knife until it comes together. The dough should be soft, gradually stir in more milk if it is too dry.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until smooth. Avoid kneading too much as it will make the scones tough.
- Roll the dough out, so it is roughly 2 cm (0.8 in) thick. Using a 5cm (2 in) round scone cutter, cut out as many pieces as possible. Press the dough together and cut out the remaining pieces. Repeat if necessary.
- Place a piece of baking paper into the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place the scones onto the paper, so they are almost touching. You will likely need to cook in batches.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the scones are golden brown and sound hollow when you tap them.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- A cookie-cutter or the top of a drinking glass are great alternatives if you do not have a scone cutter.
- Use a teaspoon of sugar to turn your scones slightly sweet. I recommend using fine sugar such as superfine or caster sugar.
- Avoid overmixing the scone dough, as it will likely lead to tough and chewy scones.
- Depending on your air fryer, you might need to cook the scones for less or more.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!