Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Prep time: 35 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 55 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut the sweet potato into large chips, roughly 1cm (0.4 in) thick.
- Soak the fries in cold water for roughly thirty minutes to an hour. Pat the sweet potatoes dry.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (360°F). It should take roughly 5 minutes.
- Coat the sweet potato fries in salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes for an even cook.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To get the sweet potato fries as crispy as possible, you will need to coat them in some cornstarch. Roughly one tablespoon should be more than enough.
- Make sure you do not overcrowd the air fryer too much, as it will result in soggy fries. If you are cooking for a crowd, you may need to do multiple batches.
- The olive oil is optional and can be swapped for something with more flavor. For example, bacon fat will work really well.
- Soaking the sweet potatoes is optional, but it does help increase the chances the sweet potato will crisp. If you do not mind soggy fries, simply skip this step.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!