Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Air Fryer Tater Tots Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Tater tots
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (350°F). It will take roughly five minutes.
- Place the Tater tots into the air fryer and lightly spray with oil.
- Cook for roughly 20 minutes or until the Tater tots are golden brown.
- Shake the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to ensure the Tater tots cook evenly. You may need to use a fork to help separate stuck Tater tots.
- Season with salt.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If your air fryer is smaller than 4.7L (5 qt), I recommend halving the amount of Tater tots you cook at once.
- Tater tots are also known as potato gems, potato pom-poms, potato royals, or potato croquettes.
- The time it takes to cook the Tater tots in your air fryer may vary slightly. You may need to plus or minus five minutes from the cooking time.
- Having a good amount of spare room in the air fryer is ideal for getting the perfect Tater tots. I recommend only filling the air fryer to a maximum of one-third for the best result.
- The oil is optional, but it does help ensure the Tater tots will be crispy.
- Preheating the air fryer will help guarantee the best results.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!