Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Apple Cake in a Mug Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 3 Minutes
- Total time 8 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 small apple, cored and grated
- 1 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 3 Tbsp self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp milk
- In a mug, stir together the apple, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Add the flour, vanilla, milk, and gently stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You must make sure the mug is big enough to hold your cake mixture. If it is too small, then the cake might overflow and make a mess.
- You will need to let this cake cool a little before you eat it as it will be super hot.
- Cook the cake for longer if it is still gooey in the middle. A cake skewer is a good way to check if it is ready. The skewer should come out mostly clean.
- You can dice the apple, but I find shredded apple will work best in this recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!