Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- Prep time 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 50 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 800g (1.7 lb) apple pie filling
- 400g (14 oz) yellow cake mix
- 125g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add the apple pie filling to the baking dish, then top with the yellow cake mixture. Lastly, evenly scatter the butter over the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Do not make the cake mixture as we will need it dry for the best results. You can ignore any instructions on the back of the cake packet.
- Spread the cake mixture out evenly for the best results. Large clumps of cake mixture might not cook properly.
- If you cannot get your hands on the yellow cake mix, then most other cake mixes will work fine. For example, a vanilla cake mixture is an excellent alternative.
- Use a slow cooker for cooking this dump cake if you want it cooked low and slow.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!