Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish.
- In a jug, combine the Tabasco, garlic, honey, wholegrain mustard and the Dijon mustard.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, alternatively, cover and microwave on medium for 35 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don't have an oven dish with a lid, cover it with foil.
- You can use a meat thermometer if you're unsure whether the chicken is cooked or not.
- If you're finding the sauce a little too runny then simply remove the lid or foil. This method will allow the sauce to cook out more and thicken up. If you're finding the opposite and it's too thick or almost all gone then simply just add a little bit of water or chicken stock.
- You're able also to make this dish in a slow cooker if you want to. Follow the same recipe but cook for 6 hours on low instead.
- The types of mustard that you use are entirely up to you. I found a combination of Dijon and wholegrain mustard worked the best for me.
- If you're not a fan of Tabasco, you can simply leave it out of the recipe.
- I enjoy using the chicken breast fillets in this baked honey mustard chicken recipe. However, you can use other cuts such as the drumsticks, wings, thigh, and pretty much any other part of the chicken.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!