This easy baked honey mustard chicken recipe is one of my favorite dishes and one of the easiest to whip together for a large crowd quickly.
By the time the dish is ready to eat the chicken will be succulent, and the sauce will be packed with flavor from the mustard and honey. The sauce is that amazing you can eat it without the chicken. I love having it with some rice.
You will need to allow for about one hour for cooking, but apart from that, you will be able to have a meal ready to cook quickly.
As I mention down in the cooking tips, you can use any type of chicken cut for this recipe. I use breasts for this particular version but feel free to use any other cuts such as drumsticks, thigh, or even chicken wings.
This dish is best to serve with either some rice, mash potato, or even some pasta. It just comes down to what you’re feeling like eating. I find that rice is best, but most other sides work pretty well too.
Any leftovers are great for lunch the next day. For example, the chicken is excellent sliced and used in a sandwich, wrap, salad, or even on a pizza. Be sure to let us know any of your favorite combinations.
If you love watching and seeing how to do a recipe, then be sure to check out our video below. I go through all the steps to getting this recipe from your fridge to the table.
Given that you like the video on this easy honey mustard chicken recipe, then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow us on social media, so you stay up to date.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish.
- In a jug, combine the Tabasco, garlic, honey, wholegrain mustard and the Dijon mustard.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, alternatively, cover and microwave on medium for 35 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don't have an oven dish with a lid, cover it with foil.
- You can use a meat thermometer if you're unsure whether the chicken is cooked or not.
- If you're finding the sauce a little too runny then simply remove the lid or foil. This method will allow the sauce to cook out more and thicken up. If you're finding the opposite and it's too thick or almost all gone then simply just add a little bit of water or chicken stock.
- You're able also to make this dish in a slow cooker if you want to. Follow the same recipe but cook for 6 hours on low instead.
- The types of mustard that you use are entirely up to you. I found a combination of Dijon and wholegrain mustard worked the best for me.
- If you're not a fan of Tabasco, you can simply leave it out of the recipe.
- I enjoy using the chicken breast fillets in this baked honey mustard chicken recipe. However, you can use other cuts such as the drumsticks, wings, thigh, and pretty much any other part of the chicken.
The nutritional information below only takes into account the honey mustard chicken and not any extras that you might have with it.
I should also mention that I have used an online tool to calculate this so it may not be 100% accurate.
Given that you want to have a side dish or something to complement the meal, then be sure to check out my guide to cooking rice perfectly.
You will also find that some sweet potato fries go amazing on the side with this recipe.
If you want to be a little different, you can make little parcels of honey mustard chicken. Just get a large piece of foil and place the chicken and some sauce in the middle of it. Wrap it up and cook it in the oven for about the same amount of time.
I hope you enjoy this sweet honey mustard chicken. If you want to drop us your thoughts, variations or anything else, then feel free to drop us a comment below.
If you want to stay up to date on all our latest and greatest easy recipes, guides and much more, then please subscribe.