This easy baked honey mustard chicken recipe is one of my favorite dishes and one of the easiest to whip together for a large crowd quickly.
By the time the dish is ready to eat, the chicken will be succulent, and the sauce will be packed with flavor from the mustard and honey. The sauce is so amazing you can eat it without the chicken. I love having it with some rice.
You will need to allow for about one hour for cooking, but apart from that, it won’t take very long to prepare this dish.
I find that a single batch of this recipe is usually enough to feed four people, but that is with serving it with some extra side dishes. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed more people.
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
If you’re looking to have a side dish or something to complement the meal, then below are a couple of ideas.
My first choice would be to serve this chicken with some delicious steamed rice. You can make the rice in a rice cooker or over the stove. If you’re doing it over the stove, then be sure to check out my guide to cooking rice perfectly.
You can also serve the chicken with either some mashed potatoes or pasta. It just comes down to what you’re feeling like eating. I find that rice is best, but most other sides work pretty well too.
Lastly, I think you will also find that some sweet potato fries are amazing as a side dish to the mustard chicken. Otherwise, a combination of roast vegetables will work very nicely.
Tweaking the Recipe
You can use any type of chicken cut for this recipe. I use breasts for this particular version, but feel free to use any other cuts such as drumsticks, thigh, or even chicken wings.
If you want to be a little different, you can make little parcels of honey mustard chicken. Just get a large piece of foil and place the chicken and some sauce in the middle of it. Wrap it up and cook it in the oven for about the same amount of time.
Any leftovers are great for lunch the next day. For example, the chicken is excellent sliced in a sandwich, wrap, salad, or even on a pizza. Be sure to let us know any of your favorite combinations.
If you want to watch and see how to make this easy honey mustard chicken, then be sure to check out the video below. I go through all the steps to getting this recipe from your fridge to the table.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat an oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish.
- In a jug, combine the Tabasco sauce, garlic, honey, wholegrain mustard, and the Dijon mustard.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, alternatively, cover and microwave on medium for 35 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t have an oven dish with a lid, cover it with foil.
- You can use a meat thermometer if you’re unsure whether the chicken is cooked or not.
- If you’re finding the sauce a little too runny, then simply remove the lid or foil. This method will allow the sauce to evaporate more and thicken. If you’re finding the opposite and it’s too thick or almost all gone, then simply just add a little bit of water or chicken stock.
- You’re also able to make this dish in a slow cooker if you want to. Follow the same recipe but cook for 6 hours on low instead.
- The types of mustard that you use are entirely up to you. I found a combination of Dijon and wholegrain mustard worked the best for me.
- If you’re not a fan of Tabasco, you can simply leave it out of the recipe.
- I enjoy using the chicken breast fillets in this baked honey mustard chicken recipe. However, you can use other cuts such as the drumsticks, wings, thigh, and pretty much any other part of the chicken.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Chicken Recipes
I have a few more chicken recipes that I highly recommend that you check out, especially if you like this recipe.
The crispy fried lemon chicken is one of my favorite chicken recipes, especially when I feel like something with citrus. It is a little more involved than this recipe but is totally worth it.
A sweet chicken dish that I always recommend to my friends is orange chicken. It’s got some incredible orange citrus flavors that match the chicken perfectly. The chicken is battered, so it’s crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside.
I hope you enjoy this sweet honey mustard chicken. If you want to share your thoughts, variations, or anything else, then feel free to drop us a comment below. If you want to stay up to date on all our latest and greatest easy recipes, guides, and much more, then please subscribe.
So good and so easy. Well done.