These deliciously seasoned chicken breasts cook in the air fryer to be moist and loaded with flavor.
The chicken cooks to be absolutely delicious thanks to our wonderful combination of spices and herbs. I recommend cooking some side dishes to go with the chicken.
I roughly aim for one chicken breast per person, so this recipe should feed four people. You can easily add more chicken breasts. However, make sure you do not crowd the air fryer as it may increase cooking time dramatically.
Cooking chicken thighs in the air fryer will also yield fantastic results. Our recipe is very similar to this one but features a few slight tweaks that might take your fancy. It is one of my favorite recipes, and I highly recommend that you check it out.
If you somehow end up with leftovers, I recommend keeping them in the fridge or freezer. Personally, I love to shred the leftover meat and use it in sandwiches, tacos, or even a salad.
Side Dishes to go with Chicken Breasts
Any type of potato side dish will work beautifully with the chicken. Just a couple of my favorites include steak fries, Tater Tots, baby potatoes, hasselback potatoes, loaded fries, and so much more. Pick whatever you feel like making as it is hard to go wrong.
Cheesy side dishes such as cauliflower cheese, creamed spinach, mozzarella sticks, or mac n cheese will work excellent with this chicken dish. Personally, I love the cauliflower cheese as it is super easy to make and is very delicious.
Salads such as a classic green salad will complement the chicken nicely. If you have a bit of spare time, something like a potato salad, Caesar salad, or taco salad might take your fancy. Whatever you pick, I am sure it will be a hit.
My last recommendation is to serve the chicken over the top of some homemade mashed potatoes. For something a little healthier, you can give the mashed cauliflower a try. Both options are excellent and go very nicely with the chicken.
Tweaking the Recipe
Adding sugar to the seasoning is a great way to add more flavor to the chicken. The sugar will also caramelize to the outside of the chicken, creating a delicious crust. It is the perfect little tweak if you do not mind adding a bit of sweetness.
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer alongside the chicken is a great way to get a full meal without dirtying any extra dishes. Sweet potato, par-cooked potatoes, mushrooms, or even bell peppers will cook very nicely alongside the chicken. Remember to keep in mind that some foods require a longer cooking time.
The recipe below will take you through all the steps to cooking these seasoned chicken breasts in the air fryer. If you have some feedback, please do not hesitate to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients.
- Rub the chicken breasts in olive oil.
- Coat the chicken in the seasoning mixture.
- Place the seasoned chicken into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is around 75°C (170°F). Flipping halfway through cooking will ensure a more even cook.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The cooking time can vary heavily depending on the size of the chicken breast. If the chicken breasts are extra-large, you might need to cook for twenty minutes. On the flip side, if they are small, you might only need to cook for 5 minutes. My chicken was roughly 250g (8.8 oz) per breast.
- A meat thermometer is the best way to ensure that the chicken is cooked correctly internally. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 75°C (170°F).
- If you are using frozen chicken breasts, you may need to increase the cooking by ten minutes. I highly recommend that you use a meat thermometer to ensure the center of the chicken is cooked.
Note: I use a 7.2L (6.6 qt) Air Fryer for all the delicious Air Fryer recipes that I have on this website. If you have a different-sized air fryer, you may need to adjust the recipe’s quantities and timings.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
There so many more air fryer recipes that you can make. Below are just a couple of my favorites that I recommend giving a try.
Our air-fried pork chops are deliciously tender and have a delicious seasoning that will have you going back for seconds. They are super easy to get right, making them perfect if you want an easy delicious meal.
I love cooking homemade hamburgers in the air fryer as they turn out moist and loaded with flavor. My final burger usually consists of a delicious homemade meat patty, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese, and bacon. It is an absolutely delightful combination.
I hope that you love these air fryer chicken breasts as much as I do. If you have some feedback, then please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.