This delicious mashed cauliflower is perfect as a side dish or even just as a meal. You only need four ingredients to get this mash together.
As I mentioned above, this is perfect as a side dish or to be used in combination with other ingredients in a meal. For example, something like the chicken piccata will go well on the top of a bed of cauliflower mash. Another example is that it would go great with some wilted spinach & baked salmon or even some ocean trout. There are so many dishes that this mash would go great with.
Now, this dish isn’t just great for people on the paleo diet but great for anyone looking for a healthy alternative to potato mash.
If you want to see how to prepare and cook this mashed cauliflower, then be sure to check out my video below. Like all my videos I go through all the steps to getting this cooked and prepared correctly.
Paleo Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-4 Tbsp. organic coconut oil (Can be substituted for butter/ghee)
- 1-2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- Salt & Pepper
- Steam or boil the cauliflower, so it’s tender.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor with the oil, garlic and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want this paleo mashed cauliflower to be super smooth with no lumps at all then simply push it through a sieve using a spoon. This process may take some time, but the result is a lovely silky smooth cauliflower mash. If it does end up taking you too long, then be sure to reheat it by placing it back into a pot over low to medium heat.
- If you don’t have a food blender, then you are still able to mash the cauliflower by hand. This method will take a bit longer and will also be harder to get it nice & smooth. You can use the tip I mentioned above once you have mashed it to get it to a similar silkiness to the food processor method.
- One thing you should do if you’re not a fan of garlic is to make sure you leave it out, and the recipe will still taste pretty good without it.
- If you’re finding the mash a little too thick for your liking, you can add some almond milk to help thin it out a bit. I would recommend adding a roughly quarter cup of almond milk but make sure you slowly add it until you get the consistency you prefer.
If you’re curious about the nutritional information on this delicious mash then you can find it below. Keep in mind if you make any changes such as additional ingredients then this information will be incorrect.
If you’re interested in other cauliflower dishes, then be sure to check out the super easy cauliflower rice. Like this dish, the rice is fantastic as either a side dish or to go alongside a protein or similar in a meal.
If you have a variation, feedback or anything else that you would like to mention about this delicious paleo cauliflower mash then feel free to drop me a comment below.