This cauliflower rice is an absolutely great side dish that compliments curries, stews, and other dishes well.
This healthy rice alternative also makes for a great meal just by itself. As you probably know, regular rice is not allowed on the Paleo diet, so this makes for a great replacement.
Cauliflower rice tastes just as good as regular rice but is lighter and fluffier and doesn’t give you that horrible bloated feeling after eating it.
You can use this as a replacement for the rice in fried rice. It’s absolutely delicious with all those fried rice flavors and ingredients. I highly recommend giving it a try.
This recipe is perfect if you’re trying to reduce the amount of carbs you eat but still want a good rice alternative to have with curries and much more.
Obviously, cauliflower rice can’t replace regular rice in everything. For example, something like sushi or rice pudding will not be quite right. So keep this in mind when you plan your next meal.
It’s important to use fresh cauliflower if you want the best results. You can use frozen, but the results may vary and is also likely not to be as good.
If you decide to use frozen, you may also need to defrost the cauliflower before grating it. Otherwise, it may not grate or cause your grater to break.
I have prepared a video on how to prepare this recipe for cauliflower rice. If you like what you see, then please make sure you subscribe to my channel, so stay up to date with all the latest and greatest recipes, guides and much more.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks that will fit into a food processor.
- Using a grater attachment, slowly put the cauliflower through the food processor.
- The result should be rice-like cauliflower pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the grated cauliflower and cook until it is heated through. (~5 minutes)
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don't have an electric food processor, you can grate the head of cauliflower by hand. However, it can get very messy fast so you can try placing the grater in a bowl. This technique will help stop bits of cauliflower from going everywhere.
- Don't be afraid to experiment a little by adding some spices or herbs. These spices can really change up this dish and make it even better than it already is.
- You can add onion & garlic to the frying pan before cooking the cauliflower rice. These ingredients are perfect if you want a bit more flavor.
- I don't recommend adding any extra ingredients if you plan on having something like curry, chicken cacciatore, meatballs or other delicious paleo friendly meals that will be even better with a side dish.
- Olive oil is a good alternative to coconut oil. Other oils should work fine as well.
If you’re curious about how much of an impact this delicious rice will have on your diet, then you can find all the information you need below.
Keep in mind this doesn’t include if you add anything to it or have it with another dish such as a curry. The information also assumes the weight of your cauliflower florets grated is 400g (14 oz.).
There are so many other meals that you make using some cauliflower. A side dish that I absolutely love and is paleo-friendly is the cauliflower mash. It’s the perfect replacement to the regular potato mash.
Another dish that you need to try is cauliflower cheese. Unfortunately, it is not Paleo-friendly like this recipe so will need to skip it if you’re sticking to a strict Paleo diet.
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower rice recipe as much as I did. If you have any feedback or anything else that you would love to share, then please don’t hesitate to comment below.