This cauliflower rice is an absolutely great side dish that compliments curries, stews, and other dishes well. It also makes for a great meal just by itself. As you probably know rice is not allowed on the paleo diet so this makes for a great replacement.
If you’re like me and love your curries but not having that rice to go with it makes you sad then this will turn that frown upside down. It tastes just as good as regular rice but is lighter and fluffier and doesn’t give you that horrible bloated feeling after eating it. I was shocked at how good this is as a replacement to just regular white rice.
It’s important to use fresh cauliflower if you want the best results. You can use frozen, but the results may vary and is also likely not to be as good. If you decide to use frozen you may also need to defrost the cauliflower before grating it. Otherwise, it may not grate or cause your grater to break.
I have prepared a video on how to prepare this recipe for cauliflower rice. If you like what you see, then please make sure you subscribe to my channel, so stay up to date with all the latest and greatest Paleo recipes, guides and much more.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the cauliflower down into chunks that will fit into a food processor.
- Using the grater sized blade put the cauliflower through the food processor.
- The result should be rice like cauliflower pieces.
- In a pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the grated cauliflower and cook until it is heated through.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t have an electric food processor, you can grate the cauliflower by hand. However, it can get very messy fast so you can try placing the grater in a bowl. This technique will stop the cauliflower from going everywhere.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment a little by adding some spices or herbs. These spices can really change up this dish and make it even better than it already is.
- You can add onion & garlic to the pan before the coconut rice if you want a bit more flavor. However, this paleo cauliflower rice recipe is fine as is if you’re planning on having it with something else. Like a curry, chicken cacciatore, meatballs or other delicious paleo friendly meals that will be even better with a side dish.
If you’re curious about how much of an impact this delicious rice will have on your diet, then you can find all the information you need below. Keep in mind this doesn’t include if you add anything to it or have it with another dish such as a curry. The information also assumes the weight of your cauliflower grated is 400g (14 oz.).
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower rice recipe! If you have any feedback or anything else that you would love to share, then please don’t hesitate to comment below.