This Paleo lemon bars recipe is absolutely amazing and perfect for anyone looking for a tasty paleo-friendly snack.
There is one thing you will notice once you start the paleo diet and that is the lack of snacks that are available to you.
When you think about it, most snacks currently on the market contain some sort of grain or processed ingredient. These lemon bars are a perfect addition that you can add to your snack range.
Now you don’t have to be on a paleo diet to enjoy these they are fantastic for anyone looking for a healthy alternative to a very popular recipe. It’s probably best not to overindulge with these as the bars do contain quite a bit of honey.
If you want to see how to do this recipe visually, then be sure to check out the video below. It takes you through all the steps required to perfecting these delicious paleo friendly lemon bars.
Paleo Lemon Bars Recipe
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. coconut flour
- 1 cup lemon juice (Preferably Fresh)
- Preheat an oven 180°C (350°F)
- Grease a ~8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut oil, honey, and salt. The mixture should come together and look like a dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan so that it is evenly spread.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, allow to cool for about 30 minutes and turn the oven down to 160°C (325°F)
- In a bowl, add the coconut flour, eggs, honey, lemon zest & the lemon juice. Whisk together until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mix over the top of the crust and return to the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the mix is set.
- Allow to cool before placing in the fridge for about 6-12 hours.
- Cut the bars into rectangles or squares.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Gluten free and Paleo baking can be tricky so if it doesn’t work out make sure you followed each step correctly and weighed your ingredients.
- This Paleo lemon bars recipe is best done using fresh ingredients so if you’re able to try and use fresh lemons. If you only have one lemon, you can always top up with the bottled juice.
- If you don’t end up eating all in one sitting, I would recommend keeping them in a sealed container in the fridge. I would personally keep the lemon bars for up to a week before discarding. However, they’re likely to last a bit longer than that.
These zesty lemon bars might taste amazing, but you might also be wondering how these will impact your diet. If you want to know all the nutritional information about these bars, then you can find it below.
Keep in mind this information is an estimate but will hopefully help guide you on how much or if any of this slice you can eat.
The paleo blueberry muffins recipe is also great as a snack or even for lunch, dessert or just afternoon tea. Despite the number of ingredients you need for them, it is actually super easy to whip up and get in the oven. If you’re interested, then be sure to check out the recipe.
If you’re starting out and looking for more information on the paleo diet, then be sure to check out my paleo crash course. Also if you have your own variation, tips, feedback or anything else you would love to share on this paleo lemon Bars recipe then feel free to drop a comment below.