Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Lemon Bars Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 40 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Makes: 12
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Grease a ~8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut oil, honey, and salt. The mixture should come together and look like a dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan so that it is evenly spread.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, allow to cool for about 30 minutes and turn the oven down to 160°C (325°F)
- In a bowl, add the coconut flour, eggs, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mix over the top of the biscuit base and return to the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the mix is set.
- Allow to cool before placing in the fridge for about 6-12 hours.
- Cut the slab into rectangles or squares.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Gluten-free and paleo baking can be tricky, so if it doesn't work out, make sure you followed each step correctly and accurately weighed your ingredients.
- These lemon bars are best made using fresh ingredients, so try and use fresh lemons. If you only have one lemon, you can always do a mixture of fresh lemon juice and bottled lemon juice.
- If you do not eat all of the bars in one sitting, I would recommend keeping them in a sealed container in the fridge. I would keep the lemon bars for up to a week before discarding. However, they may last a bit longer than that.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!