These paleo blueberry muffins are so amazing you will find yourself wanting more. They’re paleo-friendly, gluten-free and bake to be incredibly moist and packed with flavor.
As you may already know Paleo baking is harder than usual since we can’t use a lot of the traditional baking ingredients. This difficulty doesn’t mean you can’t make some excellent tasting baked goods.
These moist paleo friendly blueberry muffins are an exception and are just so delicious. They’re pretty easy to quickly whip up and get ready for your next dessert or snack.
This muffin mixture will work in either a small or large muffin tray. Personally, I prefer smaller muffins rather than large. Just make sure you either use muffin papers or grease the tray before distributing the mixture into the muffin tin.
You will also notice that we use tapioca starch in this recipe. If you want to learn more about why tapioca starch is paleo friendly, then be sure to check out our guide.
Paleo baked goods don’t tend to age very well, so I highly recommend that you eat these as fresh as possible. If they remain for more than a day, then they might start to become a bit dry.
If you want to see how these blueberry muffins are done then be sure to check out the video, we have prepared below. Otherwise, there is a super easy to follow written recipe right underneath the video.
Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- First preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, beat the honey, vanilla, coconut oil, coconut milk and the eggs together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the muffin batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer, you can replace the coconut milk with almond milk or a similar paleo friendly milk.
- Make sure you beat the liquids together well, so they are well combined. If you don’t, you may end up with a mixture that doesn’t work very well.
- It’s important to know that these paleo blueberry muffins or any kind of paleo baking can be very hit and miss. If you’re having trouble getting this recipe to work, then be sure to check out the video above.
- If you find your muffins are starting to burn on the outside but are still uncooked in the middle. Then you should try covering them with foil. This method will help stop them from browning any further while allowed the mix to continue to cook.
- If you can get your hands on any fresh blueberries, then frozen blueberries will work just as well.
- You should be aware that vanilla essence contains alcohol for those trying to steer clear of anything that is not 100% paleo friendly then I recommend using a vanilla bean. Vanilla bean is slightly more expensive but is worth the money. (It tastes amazing)
If you’re curious about how many calories that a single muffin has in it then you can find all the information you need below.
This nutritional information has been calculated using an online tool so it may not be 100% correct. However, it should give you a great indication of whether or not you want to include these delicious muffins in your diet.
If you’re looking for more great paleo sweets, then be sure to check out our paleo desserts. These dessert recipes are fantastic if you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to ruin your diet.
There are plenty more muffin recipes that you can try, I highly recommend trying out the apple muffin recipe if you like this one.
One of my favorite paleo friendly sweets is the rhubarb crisp. This dessert is super easy to do and is great if you need to cook for a crowd.
We hope you enjoy this paleo blueberry muffins recipe if you have any feedback, variations or anything you would like to share, then please drop us a comment below.