This easy muffin recipe is a great way to make amazing tasting muffins without a huge amount of effort! The best thing about it is that you can add different flavourings to make it more to your liking.
Baking is probably one of the hardest methods of cookery to master. This easy recipe will help you be able to make some delicious muffins without needing to put lots of time in. You can add any type of sweet ingredients to help add a bit more flavour to the muffins.
If you like Raspberry and white chocolate simply add some white chocolate chips and raspberries to the mix.
Alternatively you can add any other combination of typical muffin ingredients. I list some of my favorites further down if you’re interested.
If you want to see how to get this recipe together visually then be sure to check out the video below. If you just want the text recipe, then you can find it right below the video!
Dead Easy Muffin Recipe
- 1 ½ cups SR flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. mayo
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
You can have a whole range of different flavorings for this straightforward muffin recipe. Love blueberry muffins? Merely add blueberries, and same goes for chocolate chip muffins and the many more varieties you can do!
- Chocolate Chips
- Apple + Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix in until well combined (Try not to overwork it)
- Fold in the extra flavoring(s).
- In a greased muffin tin fill each one up to about three quarters.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to sit in the tray for about 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- A skewer is the best way to check if a cake is ready, if it comes out clean, then it is done. If it doesn’t come out clean, then it needs to be cooked further.
- If you have the time, it might be worth putting the dry ingredients through a sieve. This extra step will help your mix rise and produce nice fluffy muffins.
- Don’t be afraid to add some spices to the muffin mix. For example, if you’re cooking apple & cinnamon muffins, then some ground cinnamon would go amazingly well.
- If you’re finding your muffins are browning too fast and are at risk of burning, then grease a piece of foil and place it over your muffins. This method will help prevent the muffins from browning further.
- If you’re using frozen berries, it’s best to let them defrost a little. Otherwise, they can affect the overall cooking of the muffins.
If you’re wondering what the nutritional information for these tasty muffins is, then you can find it right below.
Keep in mind this will vary massively depending on what extras you use. This information assumes you use 1 cup of raspberries and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
If you love cakes but only need to cook for one, then be sure to check out of the easy mug recipes. These recipes are fantastic if you’re feeling a bit lazy but want something delicious to eat.
If you want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel or follow me on any of the major social networks.
Have a fantastic combination you would like to share, improvement to base recipe or would simply like to share your thoughts? Drop us a comment below we would love to hear your feedback.