Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Dead Easy Muffin Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time 20 Minutes
- Makes 8
- 1 ½ cups SR flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. mayo
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
You can have a whole range of different flavorings for this straightforward muffin recipe. Love blueberry muffins? Merely add blueberries, and same goes for chocolate chip muffins and the many more varieties you can do!
- Chocolate Chips
- Apple + Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix in until well combined (Try not to overwork it)
- Fold in the extra flavoring(s).
- In a greased muffin tin fill each one up to about three quarters.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to sit in the tray for about 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- A skewer is the best way to check if a cake is ready, if it comes out clean, then it is done. If it doesn’t come out clean, then it needs to be cooked further.
- If you have the time, it might be worth putting the dry ingredients through a sieve. This extra step will help your mix rise and produce nice fluffy muffins.
- Don’t be afraid to add some spices to the muffin mix. For example, if you’re cooking apple & cinnamon muffins, then some ground cinnamon would go amazingly well.
- If you’re finding your muffins are browning too fast and are at risk of burning, then grease a piece of foil and place it over your muffins. This method will help prevent the muffins from browning further.
- If you’re using frozen berries, it’s best to let them defrost a little. Otherwise, they can affect the overall cooking of the muffins.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!