Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Muffins Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Makes: 8
- 1 ½ cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Try not to overwork the muffin batter.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- In a greased muffin tin, fill each muffin hole to about three quarters.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to sit in the tray for about 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- A skewer is the best way to check if a cake is ready, if it comes out clean, then it is done. If it does not come out clean, then it will need to be cooked longer.
- If you have the time, it might be worth putting the dry ingredients through a sieve. This extra step will help your mix rise and produce nice fluffy muffins.
- Do not be afraid to add some spices to the muffin mix. For example, if you are cooking apple and cinnamon muffins, some ground cinnamon would work nicely.
- Muffins browning too fast are at risk of burning. Grease a piece of foil and place it over your muffins to help prevent the muffins from browning further.
- Frozen berries are best slightly thawed. Otherwise, they can affect the overall baking of the muffins.
- Caster sugar is sometimes called baker's sugar or superfine sugar. If you have none of those, then regular sugar should also work.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!