This incredible paleo pear and blueberry crisp is a delicious fruity dessert that will please almost anyone.
The crunchy topping for this dish is incredibly easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. If you think you can improve on it, then there are a few changes that you’re able to do that may make, so it will better suit your taste buds. For example, you can try using some different spices, nuts or even using something other than coconut oil.
Depending on where you live in the world this dish might be called crumble instead of crisp. For example, here in Australia, we call it crumble, but over in the United States, it’s referred to as a crisp.
If you’re looking for something to go with this pear and blueberry crisp, then something such as a creamy coconut custard or ice-cream will go down a treat. This choice just comes down to what you’re feeling like and how much time you have available.
The leftovers of this dish are certainly well worth keeping. Simply keep in the fridge and just serve up some whenever you’re ready to eat. Personally, I love having this for breakfast the next day. It’s pretty good cold so if you don’t have the time or equipment to reheat the leftovers then don’t be afraid just to eat it.
If you want to see how to prepare and cook this paleo pear & blueberry crisp, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe and some tips right below.
Paleo Pear & Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- 5 Pears, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. mixed spice
- 250g (9 oz.) Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
For the topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Nuts if you prefer an extra crunch
- Preheat an oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Place the pear chunks into a saucepan along with the lemon juice and mixed spice.
- Cover & cook for 5-15 minutes or until the pear has softened.
- Meanwhile prepare the crumble by placing all the topping ingredients into a bowl (Almond flour, coconut flour, honey, cinnamon, coconut oil)
- Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until they resemble a crumbly mix.
- Mix the blueberries into the pear mix and pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Top with the crumble mix and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Depending on what’s available and affordable you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
- If you’re ok with butter on the paleo diet, then you can swap the coconut oil out for butter instead. You will likely get a better result.
Keeping an eye on what you eat is essential on the paleo diet. You can find all the nutritional information that you need to know about this delicious paleo dessertright below. Keep in mind this information has been estimated so it might vary slightly.
There are a ton of other paleo desserts that you might want to check out! The apple crisp is very similar to this dish and perfect for when you have a lot of apples that need to be used.
I hope that you enjoy this incredibly delicious paleo blueberry & pear crisp. If you have any variations, feedback or just some tips that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.