Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Pear & Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
Blueberry and Pear Filling
- 5 Pears, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp mixed spice
- 250 g (8.8 oz) blueberries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the pear chunks into a saucepan along with the lemon juice and mixed spice.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pear has softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumble by placing all the topping ingredients into a bowl.
- Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until they resemble a crumbly mix.
- Mix the blueberries into the pear mix and pour it into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Top with the crumble mix and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Depending on what's available and affordable, you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
- If you’re ok with eating butter while on the paleo diet, then you can swap the coconut oil out for butter instead. You will likely get a better result.
- Add chopped nuts to the topping for a crunchier flavorsome topping.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!