Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Total time 35 Minutes
- Makes 8-12
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- First preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, beat the honey, vanilla, coconut oil, coconut milk and the eggs together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the muffin batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer, you can replace the coconut milk with almond milk or a similar paleo friendly milk.
- Make sure you beat the liquids together well, so they are well combined. If you don’t, you may end up with a mixture that doesn’t work very well.
- It’s important to know that these paleo blueberry muffins or any kind of paleo baking can be very hit and miss. If you’re having trouble getting this recipe to work, then be sure to check out the video above.
- If you find your muffins are starting to burn on the outside but are still uncooked in the middle. Then you should try covering them with foil. This method will help stop them from browning any further while allowed the mix to continue to cook.
- If you can get your hands on any fresh blueberries, then frozen blueberries will work just as well.
- You should be aware that vanilla essence contains alcohol for those trying to steer clear of anything that is not 100% paleo friendly then I recommend using a vanilla bean. Vanilla bean is slightly more expensive but is worth the money. (It tastes amazing)
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!