Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks that will fit into a food processor.
- Using a grater attachment, slowly put the cauliflower through the food processor.
- The result should be rice-like cauliflower pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the grated cauliflower and cook until it is heated and slightly tender. Roughly 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you do not have an electric food processor, you can grate the cauliflower by hand using a cheese grater. However, it can get very messy fast, so try placing the grater in a bowl. This technique will help stop bits of cauliflower from going everywhere.
- Please do not be afraid to experiment by adding some spices or herbs. These spices can really change this dish and make it even better.
- You can add onion and garlic to the frying pan before cooking the cauliflower rice. These ingredients are perfect if you want a bit more flavor.
- I do not recommend adding any extra ingredients if you plan on having something with the rice. Such as curry, chicken cacciatore, meatballs, or other meals.
- Olive oil is an excellent alternative to coconut oil. Most other cooking oils should work fine as well.
- If you do not have time to cook the cauliflower rice in the frypan, you can use a microwave instead. Simply cook in the microwave for three minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!