This easy cauliflower cheese is perfect for anyone who wants an amazing cheesy dish without having to spend too much time preparing it.
This dish is pretty amazing by itself, but there are a few things you can do to make this mind-blowing delicious.
My personal favorite variation is to fry off some bacon, then mix the bacon in the sauce and scatter it on the top.
You can also try making a crumb mixture so you can have a nice crunchy cheesy top on the cauliflower. You can do this by combining cheese, breadcrumbs, and a little bit of butter.
Unlike most recipes, you will notice how the cheese sauce for the cauliflower doesn’t have any flour in it. This method reduces the chance of ending up with a lumpy sauce from messing up the roux.
Having no flour makes this dish perfect for anyone who is on a gluten-free diet.
A lot of people would consider this to be a side dish, but I can eat this as an entire meal. If you do plan on having it as a side dish, this would probably feed two to four people. Otherwise, as a main meal, it’s likely to feed only one or two people.
If you want to see this cauliflower cheese recipe done visually, then be sure to check out the video below.
The video takes you through all the steps you need to do to perfect this recipe. If you love the video and like to see more, then don’t forget to subscribe.
Easy Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 3 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets (Fresh or Frozen)
- Par-cook the cauliflower in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until a knife goes into the cauliflower smoothly.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain and place into a serving dish.
- In a different pot, add the cheese, mustard, milk and cook over low heat. Continuously stir until melted and you get a thick sauce consistency.
- Season the cheese sauce to taste.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the cauliflower.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It is essential that you cook the cheese sauce at low heat. Cooking it at high temperature can cause the cheese to burn and become bitter. If you think the pan is getting too hot, then simply remove for a few minutes before returning to the stove.
- Par-cooking the cauliflower is essential if you want the cauliflower to be soft and nice to eat every time you go to cook this. Skipping this step will leave you with undercooked or raw cauliflower.
The nutritional information for this deliciously cheesy cauliflower can be found right below.
This information may vary slightly if you calculate it yourself since I made use of an online tool to work it out.
Assuming you plan on making this as a side dish and need something such as a main meal, then be sure to check out our other delicious easy dinner recipes.
If I were to pick a meal to go alongside this, it would probably be the baked honey mustard chicken recipe. It is super simple and won’t end up making very much. It’s the perfect dish to along with this one.
Assuming you’re looking for something super cheesy and straightforward like this recipe, then be sure to check out the crispy yet gooey fried cheese sticks.
If you have your own variation, have feedback or anything else about this easy cauliflower cheese recipe, then feel free to leave me a comment below.