Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets (Fresh or Frozen)
- Par-cook the cauliflower in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until a knife goes into the cauliflower smoothly.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, drain and place into a serving dish.
- In a different pot, add the cheddar cheese, mustard, milk, and cook over low heat. Continuously stir until melted, and you get a thick sauce consistency.
- Season the cheese sauce to taste.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the cauliflower.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- It is essential that you cook the cheese sauce at low heat. Cooking it at a high temperature can cause the cheese to burn and become bitter. If you think the pan is getting too hot, then simply remove for a few minutes before returning to the stove.
- Par-cooking the cauliflower is essential if you want the cauliflower to be soft and nice to eat every time you go to cook this. Skipping this step will leave you with undercooked or raw cauliflower.
- You can steam the cauliflower if you prefer that over boiling. Alternatively, you can cook the florets in the microwave using a microwavable container.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!