Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Paleo Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until it's tender.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor with the oil, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want this paleo-friendly mashed cauliflower to be super smooth with no lumps at all, then push it through a sieve using a spoon. This process may take some time, but the result is a lovely silky smooth mash. If it ends up taking too long, then be sure to reheat it by placing it back into a pot over low to medium heat.
- On the slight chance you don’t have a food blender, then you can mash the cauliflower by hand. This method will take a bit longer and will also be harder to get the cauliflower smooth. Using the sieve method will help get it to a similar silkiness to the food processor method.
- One thing you should do if you’re not a fan of garlic is to make sure you leave it out. The recipe will still taste pretty good without it.
- If you’re finding the mash a little too thick for your liking, you can add some almond milk or coconut milk to help thin it out. I recommend adding a quarter cup of almond milk, but make sure you slowly add it until you get the consistency you prefer.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!