The air fryer is perfect for cooking frozen mozzarella sticks. This recipe is excellent if you want some quick and easy food.
By the time the mozzarella sticks are ready, the crumb will be deliciously crispy, and the cheese will be melted and gooey. It is one of my favorite comfort foods that works great as a side dish, snack, or meal.
The amount of mozzarella sticks used in this recipe should feed roughly two to four people. You will likely need to serve the sticks with something else or double the recipe if you need to feed lots of people.
If you love cheese, then I highly recommend checking out our delicious cheesy sticks. They are straightforward to make but are cooked in a frying pan rather than the air fryer. I do highly recommend giving them a try.
Mozzarella Sticks Serving Ideas
Mozzarella sticks are delicious on their own with a couple of dipping sauces. For example, these sticks will work perfectly with homemade mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, ketchup, or even guacamole.
These cheesy sticks work great alongside other foods. For example, I love to do a party platter loaded with crunchy Dorito chicken, steak fries, dim sims, and even some homemade sausage rolls. There are so many foods that will work nicely with these sticks.
Perfecting the Cook
Unfortunately, frozen mozzarella sticks can vary in size quite a bit which will affect cooking times. The sticks I used were skinny, so if you have large sticks, you may need to increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
The size of your air fryer might impact the cooking time. A larger air fryer may take longer to heat and cook your foods. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may want to trim a couple minutes off the cooking time.
The recipe below will go through all the steps to cooking frozen mozzarella sticks perfectly in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 500g (17.6 oz) frozen mozzarella sticks
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (350°F). It will take roughly five minutes.
- Place the frozen mozzarella sticks into the air fryer and lightly spray with oil.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes or until the mozzarella sticks are golden brown. Flip halfway through cooking to ensure an even cook.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The oil will help ensure that the crumb on the mozzarella sticks crisps up nicely. You can skip the oil if you want it to be slightly healthier.
- Homemade mozzarella sticks will also work great. You may need to reduce the cooking time down to just five to eight minutes.
- The cheese oozing out of the sticks is an indicator that they are cooked and ready to be eaten.
- You can easily double the number of cheese sticks if you have a large air fryer (7.2L (6.6 qt) like mine.
- Flipping the sticks is not compulsory but does help ensure an even cook.
- The nutritional information below is just an estimate. Please refer to the frozen mozzarella stick's box for the most reliable information.
The information above is an estimate generated by an online nutrition calculator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
There are plenty more recipes that you can do in the air fryer. Below are a frozen meal and a frozen side dish that you can cook in the air fryer.
The air fryer is perfect for cooking frozen pizzas. You will need to make sure you have a large air fryer; otherwise, the pizza may not fit. It is great having a frozen pizza ready to eat within ten minutes.
I love to use the air fryer for cooking Tater Tots as they always cook to be deliciously crunchy. Spraying the Tater tots lightly with oil will ensure the crunchiest result possible. I highly recommend giving it a try.
I hope that these air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks cook perfectly for you. If you have some feedback, then please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.