This easy orange chicken is a simplified version of the real thing with the sauce only needing three simple ingredients.
While this isn’t the easiest recipe in the world it does only need a few ingredients. Once you get the chicken coated there isn’t much to do other than cook the chicken and make the simple three-ingredient orange chicken sauce.
The cornstarch and flour form a lovely light crust on the chicken that compliments the sweet sauce well. Speaking of the sauce, it is a delicious combination of marmalade, BBQ sauce, and teriyaki sauce. It’s an excellent dish that will please you if you love a crispy chicken dish.
This dish is best served with some rice, and you can cook this either over the stove or in a rice cooker. Obviously cooking in the rice cooker is a much easier option. You can also serve this with other extras such as noodles.
Make sure you keep the leftovers for this dish as they will reheat nicely. Just keep them covered in the fridge, and they should last about three days, maybe a bit longer. Just remember that the sauce will make the chicken go soggy.
If you want to see how to make this dish, then be sure to check out the video below. It’s short and will take you through all the steps you need to make this delicious chicken recipe. If you love the video, then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can find the full recipe right underneath the video.
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
Easy Orange Chicken Sauce
Chicken & Batter
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the marmalade, BBQ sauce and the teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and in another bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- One by one dip the chicken cubes in the egg and then the flour mix. Put to the side.
- In a fry-pan over medium heat, add 1 cm (0.4 in) worth of oil. Once hot, add the chicken in batches and cook until crispy. (Roughly 4-5 minutes)
- In a new bowl, toss the cooked chicken with the prepared sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you start the chicken as soon as you get sauce heating, they both should be ready at the same time.
- Sliced scallions and sesame seeds are perfect as a garnish for this dish.
- If you’re cooking rice in a rice cooker, then you might want to get it cooking before you get started on this recipe.
- You can also do orange chicken in the slow cooker so you can get it cooking hours of when you need it. However, you will need not to batter the chicken. Otherwise, it will go soggy and just fall off the chicken.
You can find the nutritional information for this delicious orange chicken right below. It’s important to keep in mind that this doesn’t include any extras such as rice or noodles. It’s also just an estimate so keep that in mind too.
If you’re looking for sweet chicken dishes, then you might also be interested in the honey mustard chicken. It’s very easy and only needs just a few ingredients and minutes to prepare. It’s undoubtedly one of my favorites.
This easy orange chicken is super delicious, and I really hope you enjoy it too. If you have some feedback, variations or anything else, then feel free to leave a comment right below.