This easy chicken satay curry recipe is a mouth-watering tasty curry that has a creamy peanut taste and feel to it. Not only does this curry taste great but it is also an incredibly easy curry recipe to follow with very few ingredients.
This delicious curry dish goes perfectly with some rice or even noodles. I also love to have it with some naan bread if I have any lying around. If you don’t want any “extras”, then this dish is surprisingly good just itself.
The chicken satay curry is great if you need to feed a crowd as you can cook it up ahead of time and then reheat it later when you require it as it keeps pretty well in the fridge.
Would you prefer to watch a video on how to this amazing curry up? Check out the video I have prepared below. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right below the video.
Easy Chicken Satay Curry Recipe
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 500g (17.5 oz) chicken thigh, roughly cubed
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml (13.5 oz) can coconut cream
- 2-4 servings of rice (Learn how to cook rice)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Firstly, add the onion & garlic and cook until onion starts to go transparent.
- Add the chicken thigh and cook until browned.
- Now add the curry paste and cook until aromatic (2-3 Minutes).
- Add coconut cream and peanut butter and mix well.
- Let simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- While the curry is simmering, this is an excellent chance to start cooking your rice.
- Serve & enjoy with rice.
- You can use different cuts of chicken other than a chicken thigh. Depending on your budget other cuts can be much more affordable such as chicken drumsticks etc. (If using drumsticks you may want to cook it for longer)
- Curry will reheat well so if you end up cooking too much feel free to wrap it and have it for lunch the next day.
- If you need to bulk out this chicken satay curry, then try adding carrot or potato. These will add a more to the curry for a minimal extra cost.
This chicken satay curry is undoubtedly delicious, but you might be wondering what kind of an impact this will have on your diet because of this I have prepared some nutritional information below.
Keep in mind this information may not be super accurate and doesn’t take into account the rice or naan bread that you might end up having with your curry.
There are so many different curries you’re able to make with most of them being super easy and very cheap to make. If there are any curry recipes that you would like to see then be sure to let me know.
If you have your own variations on this satay chicken curry recipe that you would love to share, then feel free to drop me a comment below.