Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chicken Satay Curry Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken thigh, roughly cubed
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Heat the oil in a deep frypan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion starts to go translucent. Roughly 3 minutes.
- Now, add the chicken thigh and cook until browned.
- Next, add the curry paste and cook until aromatic. Roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and peanut butter and mix well.
- Let simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use different cuts of chicken other than chicken thighs. Depending on your budget, other cuts can be much more affordable such as chicken drumsticks or chicken breast. If you use drumsticks, you may want to cook the curry for longer.
- If you need to bulk out this chicken satay curry, then try adding carrot or potato. You will get more serves out of the curry without blowing your budget.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!