Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 55 Minutes
- Serves: 4
Easy Orange Chicken Sauce
Chicken & Batter
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the marmalade, BBQ sauce, and the teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Next, in another bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- One by one dip the chicken cubes in the egg and then the flour mix. Put to the side.
- In a fry-pan over medium heat, add 1 cm (0.4 in) worth of oil. Once hot, add the chicken in batches and cook until crispy. Roughly 4-5 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, toss the cooked chicken with the prepared sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you start the chicken as soon as you get the sauce heating, they should be ready at the same time.
- A meat thermometer is an excellent tool for checking whether the meat is cooked. The middle of the chicken's thickest part should be at least 75°C (165°F).
- Sliced scallions or sesame seeds are perfect as a garnish for this dish.
- If you are cooking rice in a rice cooker, you might want to get it cooking before getting started on this recipe.
- You can also do orange chicken in the slow cooker to get it cooking hours ahead of when you need it. However, you won't need to batter the chicken. Otherwise, it will go soggy and just fall off the chicken.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!