Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 4
Easy Orange Chicken Sauce
Chicken & Batter
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the marmalade, BBQ sauce and the teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and in another bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- One by one dip the chicken cubes in the egg and then the flour mix. Put to the side.
- In a fry-pan over medium heat, add 1 cm (0.4 in) worth of oil. Once hot, add the chicken in batches and cook until crispy. (Roughly 4-5 minutes)
- In a new bowl, toss the cooked chicken with the prepared sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you start the chicken as soon as you get sauce heating, they both should be ready at the same time.
- Sliced scallions and sesame seeds are perfect as a garnish for this dish.
- If you’re cooking rice in a rice cooker, then you might want to get it cooking before you get started on this recipe.
- You can also do orange chicken in the slow cooker so you can get it cooking hours of when you need it. However, you will need not to batter the chicken. Otherwise, it will go soggy and just fall off the chicken.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!