Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Baked Oatmeal in a Mug Recipe
- Prep time 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Minutes
- Total time 4 Minutes
- Serves 1
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ a banana
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp. maple syrup or honey
Optional Ingredient: A fruit
To add more flavor to your baked oatmeal in a mug you should add some fruit into the mix. I have listed some suggestions below that will help bring your oatmeal from average to great!
- Berries (Raspberries, Blueberries etc.)
- Chopped Apple
- In a mug mash the banana.
- Add and combine milk, maple syrup, and the egg.
- Add the quick oats, cinnamon and combine together.
- Gently mix in the berries or your chosen fruit.
- Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Remember microwaves are not all the same so keep this in mind when cooking. It may take longer or shorter to cook the baked oatmeal in a mug.
- Try different combinations of fruit and nuts then the ones mentioned in this recipe! You might stumble across something much more amazing.
- You can add flax or chia seeds to the recipe to change it up a little and also be a little healthier.
- Top with some yogurt, this makes it even better than what it already is!
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!