Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Baked Pears Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 6 large pears
- 60 g (2.1 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 115 g (4.1 oz) walnuts, chopped
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) white wine
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut the pears in half. Make a hole by removing the seeds with a spoon.
- Place into a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Brush each of the pears with the butter mixture.
- Fill each hole with the chopped walnuts and drizzle with the remainder of the butter mixture.
- Pour the white wine into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until slightly browned and tender.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The wine is optional and is not necessary for the dish to turn out nicely. You can also use red wine instead of white wine. Either option will help infuse even more flavor into the pears.
- To get more flavor into the pear, try piercing a few holes through the skin. The holes will allow the wine's flavors to penetrate the flesh of the pear.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!