Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Banana Mug Cake Recipe
- Prep time 1 Minute
- Cook time: 1 Minute
- Total time 2 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Firstly, melt the butter in the microwave. (Roughly 10 seconds)
- Beat in the egg and banana.
- Add the dry ingredients, milk, and mix until combined.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Cook further, if not fully cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you like your mug cakes slightly gooey in the middle, then reduce the cooking time slightly.
- For the best results use an overripe banana.
- Add a drop of vanilla extract for a bit of extra flavor.
- You can make this banana cake gluten-free by replacing the flour and baking powder with gluten-free variants.
- Mug cakes can make a mess in your microwave so keep an eye on it. Placing a plate under the mug will make cleaning up easier if it does end up overflowing.
- Use a skewer to ensure that the middle is fully cooked. The skewer should come out clean. This step is essential if you can't eat any undercooked egg.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!