This gooey banana mug cake is the perfect treat to cook yourself when you’re feeling a little hungry. It’s also a great quick and easy dessert that you can quickly cook up after dinner.
By the time you’re ready to eat this cake, it should be moist, fluffy, and packed with that lovely banana flavor we all know and love.
This mug cake is so delicious it’s hard to resist making it every night. It only takes just a few simple steps, a few ingredients and a minute to cook. The result is a sweet cake that is incredibly moist, and it’s the perfect treat to give yourself after a long day of hard work.
Usually, you can enjoy these tasty cakes just on their own, but if you want to take it to the next level, then a scoop of vanilla ice cream goes perfectly on top. It also goes great with some hot custard, but that involves more work.
One serving of this banana cake will only feed one person unless you’re not feeling very hungry then you can maybe feed two. If you want to cook for two then just double the recipe and split it across two mugs. You may need to adjust the cooking time.
There are plenty of sweet baked goods you can make with overripe bananas. If you have a ton of bananas that you need to use and want to do more than just this mug cake, then be sure to take a look at the fantastic banana bread. It too is incredibly easy but will need to be cooked in a traditional oven rather than the microwave.
The video below will show you the few steps to whipping up this tasty dessert in a mug. If you prefer to read, then you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video.
Banana Mug Cake Recipe
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Firstly, melt the butter in the microwave. (Roughly 10 seconds)
- Beat in the egg and banana.
- Add the dry ingredients, milk and mix until combined.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Cook further if not fully cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you like your mug cakes slightly gooey in the middle, then reduce the cooking time slightly.
- For the best results use an overripe banana.
- Add a drop of vanilla extract for a bit of extra flavor.
- You can make this banana cake gluten free by replacing the flour and baking powder with gluten-free variants.
- Mug cakes can make a mess in your microwave so keep an eye on it. Placing a plate under the mug will make cleaning up easier if it does end up overflowing.
- Use a skewer to ensure that the middle is fully cooked. The skewer should come out clean. This step is essential if you can't eat undercooked egg.
You’re able to find the nutritional information for this tasty banana mug cake in a mug right below.
The information below should be accurate enough to be able to determine if this is ok for you to eat or not, but please keep in mind it’s just an estimate.
There are quite a few easy desserts that you’re able to cook up in the mug. Personally, I think they’re all pretty good but if you want one similar to this one then be sure to check out the gooey chocolate brownie.
A love cooking mug cakes as they’re so easy to make and they’re the perfect comfort food. Another one that I highly recommend that you try is the breakfast oatmeal, it too uses banana and is delicious.
I hope that you like this banana mug cake and that you didn’t run into any issues making it. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else that you would like to say, then please don’t hesitate to drop a comment right below.