This easy pineapple cake requires just 3 very basic ingredients and comes out to be incredibly moist and delicious.
You will find that this cake is perfect for basically any type of event, whether it’s for a kid’s birthday party or just as an afternoon treat. You can always adjust this recipe to suit your needs better. For example, you can make muffins with this mix if you would prefer.
If you have the time, then some pineapple icing will go perfectly with this cake. Otherwise, just some whipped cream or just on its own is perfect.
Another variation that you’re able to do with this cake is to lay out some pineapple rings on the bottom of the cake tin. Just top with the cake mix, bake, and you will have a super easy upside-down pineapple cake.
One of the best things about this cake is that it takes just minutes to prepare. This cake is a perfect easy dessert if you have other things to get done or you merely want to sit back and relax.
This cake can be stored frozen for a few months. Since it is so easy, it might just be best to make it fresh. As with most baked goods, it tastes best when it’s freshly baked.
You can check out how this three-ingredient pineapple cake is made by watching the video below; it takes you through everything you need to know for getting this cake baked and ready for eating.
If you prefer a written recipe, then you can find it right underneath the video.
Easy Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 450g (16 oz) crushed pineapple (with the juice)
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Pour into a prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the cake tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you find that the mix feels a bit too dry, then you can add a tablespoon or two of milk to help wet the mix.
- You can use either fresh or canned pineapple in this recipe and get almost the same result. You will need to blitz the fresh pineapple in a blender before using it in this recipe. If you’re using canned fruit, then make sure you use the juice as well.
- If you don’t have any self-rising flour, then you can make some with just plain flour and baking powder. Simply mix in one teaspoon of baking powder for every cup of flour you use. Mix this into the flour before adding to the recipe to ensure that you distribute the baking powder evenly.
This easy pineapple cake is delicious, but you might be wondering how it fares for the nutritional information. If this is what you’re after, then you can find all the information you need right below. As I always mention, keep in mind this information is only an estimate that was calculated using an online tool.
There are tons of other easy cakes that you’re able to make in the oven or even in a mug.
The 4-ingredient coconut cake is undoubtedly another one you should try however if you don’t like coconut you might want to give it a miss.
This easy pineapple cake is delicious and incredibly easy to make quickly. If you have a variation or something else that you would like to share then be sure to leave a comment below.