Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Easy Pineapple Cake Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time 55 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 450g (16 oz) crushed pineapple with the juice
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F). Also, grease and line a 26cm (10.2 in) cake tin.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the cake tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you find that the mix feels a bit too dry, then you can add a tablespoon or two of milk to help wet the mix.
- You can use either fresh or canned pineapple in this recipe and get almost the same result. You will need to blitz the fresh pineapple in a blender before using it in this recipe. If you’re using canned fruit, then make sure you use the juice as well.
- If you don’t have any self-rising flour, then you can make some with just plain flour and baking powder. Simply mix in one teaspoon of baking powder for every cup of flour you use. Mix this into the flour before adding to the recipe to ensure that you distribute the baking powder evenly.
- Caster sugar is also known as superfine sugar or baker's sugar.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!