This mug brownie recipe is one of the easiest desserts to quickly whip up after dinner or even as a nice sweet snack if you’re feeling a little peckish.
I made this mug brownie using a typical household microwave however you may find that you will need to adjust the time required to cook it. If your brownie is coming out less than perfect, then check out our cooking tips below the recipe for information on improving the outcome of this recipe.
Try to make sure your mug is large enough for this recipe. If you have a mug too small, then the mix might overflow and make a complete mess out of your microwave. If you’re looking for a mug, then you can find some pretty cool ones with the brownie recipe on it.
If you want to see how this amazing brownie in a mug is done then check out the video I have prepared below. If you’re a fan of lazy cooking, then make sure you subscribe to channel, so you stay up to date with all the latest and most excellent recipes, cooking tips and much more.
Mug Brownie Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. plain flour
- 4 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. oil or soft butter
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Add the sugar, cocoa, and flour to the mug and mix well.
- Add the oil or butter and water to the mix.
- Mix well trying to ensure there are very little clumps left in the mix.
- Place into the microwave and put it on for a minute on high.
- Enjoy with ice cream, cream or just by itself.
- If you’re finding the brownie too grainy, try reducing the sugar or use a finer sugar such as caster sugar.
- Like the brownie a little gooey? Try cooking it for about 30-40 seconds instead.
- Don’t stress on exact quantities too much as long as you don’t go overboard you should be right.
- If you’re looking for a vegan mug brownie, then you won’t need to look any further. Just use oil rather than butter and don’t add any of the optional extras such as cream and ice cream.
- If you find that the brownie tastes a little weird, it may be the cocoa you’re using. Try to avoid the cheaper varieties of cocoa or any mixes that have added sugar.
If you’re keeping an eye on what you eat, then this nutritional information might come in handy. I calculated it using an online tool so it may not be entirely accurate but should be good enough if you're unsure if it will be ok for your diet.
A favorite variation you can try with this recipe is adding chocolate chips to the mix. This change will make it a fair bit sweeter, but you end up with lovely gooey bits of chocolate throughout the brownie.
If you love chocolate and you love a similar recipe, then you should try checking out the self-saucing chocolate pudding. It is great if you want an easy yet delicious pudding for dessert. It involves a bit more work, unlike this recipe. Easy chocolate fudge is yet another must try if you’re huge of all foods chocolate.
If you have any tips, variations or improvements to this mug brownie recipe, then please feel free to leave a comment below!