Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Chocolate Mug Brownie Recipe
- Prep time 2 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Minute
- Total time 3 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 4 Tbsp plain flour
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Add the sugar, cocoa, and flour to the mug and stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter and water to the dry ingredients.
- Mix while trying to ensure there are little to no clumps.
- Place into the microwave and cook for a minute on high.
- Enjoy with ice cream, cream or just by itself.
- If you’re finding the brownie too grainy, try reducing the sugar or use a finer sugar such as caster sugar.
- A dash of vanilla extract will add a bit more flavor.
- Like the brownie a little gooey? Try cooking it for about 30-40 seconds instead.
- Don’t stress on exact quantities too much as long as you don’t go overboard you should be right.
- If you’re looking for a vegan mug brownie, then you won’t need to look any further. Just use oil rather than butter. Also, don’t add any of the optional extras such as cream and ice cream.
- Unfortunately, you will need to change this recipe to make it paleo-friendly.
- A favorite variation you can try with this recipe is adding chocolate chips to the mix. This change will make it a fair bit sweeter, but you end up with lovely gooey bits of chocolate throughout the brownie.
- If you find that the brownie tastes a little weird, it may be the cocoa you’re using. Try to avoid the cheaper varieties of cocoa or any mixes that have added sugar.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @cookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #cookingperfected
so we can find you!